Evaluation of tribological characteristics of liquid lubricants with fullerene additives
The paper presents experimental studies of the tribological characteristics of liquid lubricants of various viscosity classes and various groups of operation when using fullerene additives. Tribological characteristics were evaluated on a four-ball friction machine according to GOST 9490. Assessment was subject to: wear rate and critical load, which characterize the anti-wear properties of the lubricant, as well as welding load and bully index, which characterize an anti-bully properties of the material.
It is shown that the improvement of the wear index for all oils begins with the concentration 0,2 % masses, fullerenes in the lubricant and does not exceed the values 11,1 … 15 %. At a fullerene concentration less than 0,2 % masses, no positive effect is observed. Positive effect 11,8 … 17,4 % characteristic of the indicator – critical load that characterizes the range of performance of anti-wear additives. At the same time, an increase in the critical load begins with concentration 0,1 % masses, fullerenes in a lubricant and manifests itself most effectively at a concentration 0,2 % masses. Changes in the magnitude of the welding load during the experiments were not recorded, this allows us to conclude, that the addition of a finely dispersed fullerene powder in a liquid lubricant does not improve anti-bully properties, but is only an anti-wear additive.
It is shown that the way to improve the tribological properties of lubricants by introducing a finely dispersed powder of fullerenes in base technical oils is ineffective. It is necessary to develop other, more technological methods and methods for introducing fullerene additives into technical lubricants.
2. Shahnazar Sheida, Bagheri Samira, Sharifah Bee Abd Hamid Enhancing lubricant properties by nanoparticle additives // International Journal of Hydrogen Energy Volume 41, Issue 4, 2015, Pages 3153-3170 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2015.12.040 [English]
3. Ali Imran, Basheer Al Arsh, Kucherova Anastasia, Memetov Nariman, Pasko Tatiana, Ovchinnikov Kirill, Pershin Vladimir, Kuznetsov Denis, Galunin Evgeny, Grachev Vladimir, Tkachev Alexey Advances in carbon nanomaterials as lubricants modifiers // Journal of Molecular Liquids Volume 279, 2019, Pages 251-266 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2019.01.113 [English]
4. Yao Yanli, Wang Xiaomin, Guo Junjie, Yang Xiaowei, Xu Bingshe Tribological property of onion-like fullerenes as lubricant additive // Materials Letters Volume 62, Issue 16, 2007, Pages 2524-2527 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2007.12.056 [English]
5. Rapoport L., Feldman Y., Homyonfer M., Cohen H., Sloan J., Hutchison J. L., Tenne R. Inorganic fullerene-like material as additives to lubricants: structure–function relationship // Wear Volumes 225–229, Part 2, 1999, Pages 975-982 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(99)00040-X [English]
6. Yunusov F. A., Breki A. D., Vasilyeva E. S., Tolochko O. V. The influence of nano additives on tribological properties of lubricant oil // Materials today: proceedings Available online 14 February 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.01.447 [English]
7. Xiaowei Li, Xiaowei Xu, Yong Zhou, Kwang-Ryeol Lee, Aiying Wang Insights into friction dependence of carbon nanoparticles as oil-based lubricant additive at amorphous carbon interface // Carbon Volume 150, 2019, Pages 465-474 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2019.05.050 [English]
8. Bezmel'nitsyn V. N., Yeletskiy A. V., Okun' M. V. Fullereny v rastvorakh // Uspekhi fizicheskikh nauk. — 1998, № 11, 1195—1220 [Russian]
9. Gindzburg B. M., Baydakova M. V., Kireyenko O. F. [i dr.]. Vliyaniye fullerenov C60, fullerenovykh sazh i drugikh uglerodnykh materialov na granichnoye treniye skol'zheniye metallov // Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki. — 2000, № 12, 87—97 [Russian]
10. Yakh'yayev N. YA., Begov ZH. B., Batyrmurzayev SH. D. Novaya smazochnaya kompozitsiya dlya modifikatsii poverkhnostey tribosopryazheniy sudovogo malorazmernogo dizelya // Vestnik AGTU. Ser.: Morskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya. — 2009, № 1, 47—52 [Russian]
11. Kravcov A. G. Razrabotka matematicheskoy modeli vzaimodeystviya elektricheski aktivnykh geterogennykh melkodispersnykh sistem na granitse razdela poverkhnost' treniya — smazochnaya sreda // Problemi tribologíí̈. — 2017, № 1, 89—99 [Russian]
12. Kravcov A. G. Modelirovaniye formirovaniya maslyanoy plenki na poverkhnosti treniya pri nalichii fullerenovykh dobavok v smazochnom materiale i yeye vliyaniye na skorost' iznashivaniya tribosistem // Problemi tribologíí̈. — 2018, № 1, 69—77 [Russian]