Study influence factors of the spraying process on the properties of electric arc spraying coatings
The paper considers possibilities to increase the wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and service life for parts machines and mechanisms via their hardening and renovating using electric arc coatings characterized by high density, adhesion strength, and micro hardness thanks to activation of the spraying process. Also, the possibility of controlling the properties of restored surfaces owing to choice of the related equipment with required structure and characteristics in order to prolong the service life of machinery parts is shown. The right choice of equipment for spraying makes it possible to increase the speed and temperature of the spraying gas and particles, reduce the droplet diameter, increase the density and reduce the oxidation of coatings.
The influence of spray factors such as the flow rate and pressure of working gases, composition of combustion mixture, spraying distance, dispersion of the spray, properties of wire material, etc. on the properties of the coatings obtained has been investigated. The possibility of controlling the properties of surfaces owing to choice with required characteristics electric arc coatings is shown. The influence of spray factors such as the flow rate and pressure of working gases, composition of combustion mixture, spraying distance, dispersion of the spray, properties of wire material, etc. on the properties of the coatings obtained has been investigated.
The use of coatings makes it possible to increase the wear and corrosion resistance of working surfaces of machine parts and mechanisms, in particular ship parts, and so to reduce the costs of alloyed steels and alloys. The coatings application is associated with implementation of a fundamentally new approach, according to which the strength and carrying capacity of a part is provided by its basic material, whereas the resistance to corrosion, wear, and other factors may be increased via using hardening protective coatings. There are many alternative methods for producing coatings, from which it is advisable to choose an optimal, easy to implement, and inexpensive one.
Of the variety of methods for hardening coating deposition, the most common technologies used to restore and improve the performance properties of parts are gas-thermal spraying techniques, among which the cheapest and simplest method is electric arc spraying (EAS), whose current improvement is aimed at modifying and activating the spraying process. Such combined technologies do not require additional expensive equipment and operations, which predetermines a reduction in the cost of hardening processes.
2. Ageev M.S. Welding and related processes in ship building / Ageev M.S., Volkov Yu.V., Chigray S.L. // “Water Transport” Kyiv, №2 (24), , 2015. P. 15-26.
3. Kornev A. Development of strategy for repair of tribocouplings of large-sized parts using gas-thermal spraying in ship repair: Thesis. N. Novgorod, 2006. – 23 p.
4. Iliuschenko A.F. Formation of gas-thermal coatings: theory and practice / Iliuschenko A.F. Okovity V.A., Kundas S.P., Formanek B. - Minsk, 2002.
5. Theory and practice of gas-thermal spraying / Vitiaz P.A., Ivashko V.S., Manoilo E.D. and others. - Minsk: Science and Technology, 1993. - 295 p.
6. Gas-thermal spraying / L.Kh. Baldaev et al. - Market DS, 2007. 344 p.
7. Kharlamov Yu.A. Thermal spraying of coatings and ecological compatibility of production, operation and repair of machines / Yu.A. Kharlamov // Heavy engineering- №2. 2000 - P. 3-10.
8. Kondratiev V.A., Kondratiev M.V. Choosing a rational recovery method. Innovative technologies and equipment of the machine-building complex: Coll. scientific works. Issue 4. Voronezh: 2005, P. 35-38.
9. Boronenkov V.N., Korobov Yu.S. Fundamentals of arc metallization. Physicochemical regulairities. USU; Yekaterinburg: Univ. Publ. house 2012, 267 p.
10. Zagorsky Ya.V. The mechanism of electric arc hardening of low- and medium-carbon steels. Congress materials. Ufa: Mir pechati, 2003, 105 p.
11. Korobov Yu.S. Efficiency of using activated arc coating metallization / Yu.S. Korobov // Welding Production., No. 2. 2005. P. 47-50, 62, 64.
12. Priadko A.S., Korobov, Yu.S., Lukanin V.L. Activated arc metallization: the characteristics of the equipment and its application // Films and Coatings 98: Proc. 5th Inter. conf. Saint-Pb. 1998. P. 249-251.
13. Belotserkovsky M.A. Technological features and areas of using hypersonic metallization / М.А. Belotserkovsky, A.S. Pryadko, A.E. Cherepko // Innovations in mechanical engineering: Coll. of papers. Minsk, OIM NAS Belarus. 2008. -P. 479 - 484.
14. Vitiaz P.A., Azizov R.O., Belotserkovsky M.A. Hardening of gas-thermal coatings. - Minsk: Bestprint, 2004. - 192 p.
15. Glebova M.A., Kornev A. B., Glebov V.V. et al. Improving the quality of gas-thermal
coatings by heat treatment with high-frequency currents and a laser beam // Welding Production № 6, 2004. P.43-46.
16. Sokolov Yu.V., Sadova M.A., Popok, D.A. Heat treatment of sprayed coatings / Vest. Belarus tech. inst. № 3, 2004. - P. 40-41
17. Improving the quality of gas-thermal coatings from wire materials by means of chemical heat treatment / P.A. Vitiaz, R.O. Azizov, M.A. Belotserkovsky, V.A. Kukareko // Friction and wear. - Vol. 24, No. 6. 2003. - P. 666–672.
18. Belotserkovsky M.A. Hardening by chemical heat treatment of coatings obtained by fast spraying steel wires / M.A. Belotserkovsky, V.M. Konstantinov, G.A. Tkachenko // Surface Engineering, Welding: Proc. Int. Symp., Minsk, 2009. P. 178–184.
19. 33. Priadko A.S., Dudan A.V., Brusilo Yu.V., et al. Choice of equipment for hardening and restoring automotive transport parts by arc spraying. Polotsk, Bull. of Polotsk State University. 3, 2014, P. 121-126.
20. 34. Brusilo Yu.V. Choice of equipment for hardening and restoring parts of piston engines by arc spraying. J. "Aerospace Engineering and Technology" Kharkiv. No. 4 (71), 2010. P. 38-42.
21. 35. Karp I.N., Petrov S.V., Rudoi A.P. Installation for arc metallization in a supersonic flow of natural gas combustion products // Welding Production, 2, 1991. P. 22-23.
22. 36. Device for fast spraying (versions) / Belotserkovsky M.A, Priadko A.S., Cherepko A.E. // Patent of Belarus No. 4365, Publ. 03/30/2002.
23. Pokhmursky V.I. Protective and restorative electric metallization of coatings from cored wires // V.I. Pokhmursky, M.M. Student, V.S. Pikh // New processes and equipment for gas-thermal and vacuum coating: Coll. of papers “Electric welding”- Kyiv, 1990. P. 66 - 69.
24. Student M.M. Development of old and new electrometallic coatings to cover powder darts: Thesis. Lviv, 1998 - 18 p.
25. Ageev M.S. Restoration of ship pump shafts using a combined method of applying protective coatings / Ageev M.S., Kozhevnikova E.E, Lopata V.N. // Science Bulletin KhDMA - Kherson: 2015, No. 2 (13). - P. 4-16.
26. Buriakin A.V., Kuzmin A.V. Electric arc metallization with metal spraying by combustion products of hydrocarbon fuels // Welding Production, 3, 1993. P. 7-9.
27.. Belotserkovsky M.A. Structural anomalies in steel gas-thermal coatings and the possibility of their use / M.A. Belotserkovsky // Strengthening Technologies and Coatings, 10, 2008. P. 39-44.
28.Vitiaz P.A, Belotserkovsky M.A., Kukareko V.A., et al. Structure and properties of coatings from steel 40Kh1 produced using various methods for gas-thermal spraying // Physical mezomechanika.-, V.5, No. 1. 2002 P. 15-22.
29. 40. Potekhin B.A., Lobanov M.N., Nasedkina E.M. Influence of unstable austenitic structure of steel 9Kh18 on cavitation and abrasive resistance // Phys.-chemical mechanics of materials, , 2. 1976. P. 116-118.