Investigation of slippage and wear in rolling bearings of machines
The purpose of this work was to study the processes of slipping and wear in the sliding bearings of machines. It is determined that slippage in bearings is the main cause of bearing parts failure according to the criterion of wear. Analytical relations for determining the amount of slip and sliding path in the bearing are presented. For experimental research of sliding in rolling bearings the test installation is designed. Experimental tests on the effect on load slip, sliding speed and lubrication conditions in the bearing were performed. The model of wear of rings of the sliding bearing on the basis of a solution of a wear contact problem is offered. The formulas for calculating wear and parameters of the wear model are obtained. The obtained results are recommended to evaluate the influence of design and technological factors on the durability of rolling bearings by the criterion of wear.
2. Harris TA. Analytical method to predict skidding in high speed roller bearings. ASLE Tran 1966;9:229–41.
3. Poplawski JV. Slip and cage forces in a high-speed roller bearing. J Lubr Tech 1972;94(2):143–50.
4. Cavallaro G, Nelias D. Analysis of high-speed inter-shaft cylindrical roller bearing with flexible rings. Tribol T 2005;61 (11):38–244.
5. Takafumi Y, Yasuyoshi T, Hisao M, Masaaki S. Analysis of cage slip in cylindrical roller bearings considering non-newtonian behavior and temperature rise of lubricating oil. Tribol T 2008;53(6):647–62.
6. Arthanari S, Marappan R. Experimental analysis of factors influencing the cage slip in cylindrical roller bearing. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 2011;53(5):635–44.
7. Takabi J, Khonsari MM. On the influence of traction coefficient on the cage angular velocity in roller bearings. Tribol T 2014;57 (5):793–805.
8. Li JB, Wu LF. Dynamic analysis of high-speed roller bearings. Chin J Aeronaut 1992;13(12):625–32.
9. Hu X, Luo GH, Gao DP. Quasi-static analysis of cylindrical roller inter-shaft bearing. Chin J Aeronaut 2006;21(6):1069–74.
10. Hu X, Luo GH, Gao DP. Performance analysis of aero-engine inter-shaft bearing. Chin J Aeronaut 2007;22(3):439–43.
11. Tu WB, Shao YM. An analytical model to investigate skidding in rolling element bearings during acceleration. J Mech Sci Technol 2012;26(8):2451–8.