EVALUATION OF OPERATION LOAD FOR IMPRESSION-FREE PREFORMING BY BUCKLING AT FORGINGS MANUFACTURING
This paper presents the results of experimental studies of load characteristic changes during the upsetting of high billets with the upsetting ratio (height to diameter ratio) from 3.0 to 6.0, which is followed by buckling. Such pass is an effective way of pre-forming the workpiece for production of forgings with a bended axis or dual forming, and belongs to impression-free (dieless) operation of bulk forming. Based on the experimental data analysis, an engineering method for calculation of workpiece pre-forming load as a maximum buckling force has been developed. The analysis of the obtained data confirmed the possibility of performing of this pre-forming operation on the main forging equipment, since the load of shaping by buckling does not exceed the load of the die-forging.
2. Kukhar, V., Artiukh, V., Butyrin, A., & Prysiazhnyi, A. (2018). Stress-Strain State and Plasticity Reserve Depletion on the Lateral Surface of Workpiece at Various Contact Conditions during Upsetting, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, 2018, Vol. 692, pp. 201–211, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-70987-1_22.
3. Altan, Taylan, & Tekkaya, A. E. (2012). Sheet Metal Forming: Processes and Applications. ASM International, OH, 400 p.
4. Kukhar, V., Burko, V., Prysiazhnyi, A., Balalayeva, E., & Nahnibeda, M. (2016). Development of alternative technology of dual forming of profiled workpiece obtained by buckling, East-European Journal of Enterprise Technology, 2016, 3/7(81), pp. 53–61. ISSN 1729-3774, DOI: 10.15587/1729-4061.2016.72063.
5. Singer, J., Arbocz, J., & Weller, T. (1998). Buckling experiments: Experimental methods in buckling of thin-walled structures, Vol. 1, Chichester [u.a.]: Wiley, 1998.
6. Dziubińska, A., & Gontarz, A. (2015). Limiting phenomena in a new forming process for two-rib plates, Metalurgija, 54(3), p. 555-558, http://hrcak.srce.hr/131621.
7. Grinkevich, V. A., Kukhar, V. V., & Diamantopulo, K. K. (2010). Besshtampovoe profilirovanie na pressah s povyisheniem tochnosti formoizmeneniya na okonchatelnyih operatsiyah [Dieless profiling on presses with increasing precision of final forming operations], Kuznechno–shtampovochnoe proizvodstvo. Obrabotka materialov davleniem, 2010, No. 5, pp. 19–23. (in russian).
8. Naughton, M.D., & Tiernan, P. (2009). An Experimental Approach to Continuous Dieless Wire Drawing (Variant A) Using ELI Ti–6Al–4V Alloy, ASME. J. Eng. Mater. Technol. 2009; 131(2): 021005, DOI: 10.1115/1.3078304.
9. Kustra, P., Milenin, A., Płonka, B. & Furushima, T. (2016). Production Process of Biocompatible Magnesium Alloy Tubes Using Extrusion and Dieless Drawing Processes, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, June 2016, Volume 25, Issue 6, pp. 2528–2535, DOI: 10.1007/s11665-016-2090-8.
10. Huang, S-S., Burgess, I., Huang, Z., & Plank, R. (2011). The mechanics of inelastic buckling using a Shanley-like model, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Engineering and Computational Mechanics, Vol. 164 (2). pp. 103-119. ISSN 1755-0777, DOI: 10.1680/eacm.2011.164.2.103.
11. Poluhin, P.I., Gun, G.Ja., & Galkin, A.M. (1983). Soprotivlenie plasticheskoj deformacii metallov i splavov. Spravochnik [Resistance to plastic deformation of metals and alloys. Reference book], Moscow, Metallurgija, 1983, 352 p. (in russian).