Effect of plant remains on abrasive wear rate of the tilling machine movable operating parts
Abrasive wear is one of the most common types of wear accounting for up to 50% of all failures of machine parts. The study of laws governing the process of abrasive wear process is undoubtedly a critical task. The paper is dedicated to the effect that the chemical factor, in particular the presence of plant remains in the abrasive mass, has on the tilling machine movable operating parts abrasive wear rate. Laboratory researches were performed with the Impeller technique, while the field tests – with a multipurpose disk tiller UDA-4.5 in the conditions of the Ovruch district of Zhytomyr region (sandy loam soil). As follows from the study, the ooze of the sap (syrup) leads to an increase of the abrasive wear rate by 13.5… 21.5% in the laboratory conditions and by 8% in the field conditions. Results of the field tests confirm those of the laboratory studies, although the latter have demonstrated an increase in the wear rate, which is by 13.5% greater than got upon the field tests. Such a deviation is conditioned by a higher concentration of the corn crop remains in the abrasive mass during laboratory testing. Abrasive wear of the tilling machine movable operating parts may not be identified as a simple mechanical process, as the working surface wear rate may be significantly increased by the chemical factor when subject to wear in the real soil
2. Kosteczkij, B.I. (1959). Soprotivlenie iznashivaniyu detalej mashin [Resistance to wear of machine parts]. Moskva; Kiev: MAShGIZ [in Russian].
3. Xrushhov, M.M., & Babichev, M.A. (1970). Abrazivnoe iznashivanie [Abrasive wear]. Moskva: Nau-ka [in Russian].
4. Xrushhov, M.M., & Babichev, M.A. (1960). Isledovaniya iznashivaniya metalov [Metal wear studies]. Moskva: AN SSSR [in Russian].
5. Shejman, E.L. (2005). Abrazivny`j iznos. Obzor amerikanskoj pechati [Abrasive wear. Review of the American press]. Trenie i iznos – Friction and wear,Vol. 26, 1, 100-111 [in Russian].
6. Scandell F., & Scandell, R. (2004). Development of hardfacing material in Fe-Cr-Nb-C system for use under highly abrasive conditions. Mater. Sci. Technol. 2004. Vol. 20. 92-105.
7. Al-Rubaine, K.C. (2000). Equivalent hardness concept and two-body abrasion of iron-base alloys. Wear. Vol. 243, 1-2. 92-100.
8. Hawk J.A., Wilson, R.D., Darks, D.R., & Catrillar, M.T. (2002). Abrasive wear failures. ASM Hand-book. Materials Part, OH, ASM International. 11, 906-921.
9. Tenebaum, M.M. (1966). Iznosostojkost` konstrukcionny`x materialov i detalej mashin [Wear re-sistance of structural materials and machine parts]. Moskva : Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
10. Tenenbaum, M.M. (1976). Soprotivlenie abrazivnomu iznashivaniyu [Abrasion resistance]. Moskva: Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
11. Pintaude, G., Sinatora, A., & Tanaka, D.K. (2003). The effects of abrasive particle size on the sliding friction coefficient of steel using a spiral pin-on- disk apparatus. Wear. 1, 55-59.
12. Gao, Y.X., & Fan, H. (2002) A micro-mechanism based analysis for size-dependent indentation hard-ness. J. of Materials Science. 37б 4493-4498.
13. Borak, K.V. (2013). Pіdvyshchennia znosostіikostі robochykh orhanіv dyskovykh gruntoobrobnykh znariad metodom elektroerozіinoi obrobky [Improve of wear-resistance of working organs of disk tillage tools by the method of electrical erosive processing]. Candidate’s thesis. Kharkіv [in Ukrainian].
14. Severnev, M.M., Podlekarev, N.N., Soxadze, V S., & Kitikov, V.O. (2011). Iznos i koroziya sel`s`koxozyajstvenny`x mashin [Wear and corrosion of agricultural machinery]. Minsk: Belarus. Navuka. [in Russian].
15. Opalka, S.M., Hector, L.G., Schmid, S.R., Reich, R.A., & Epp, J.M. (1999). Boundary additive effect on abrasive wear during single asperity plowing of 3004 aluminum alloy. J. of Tribology. 121, 384-393.
16. De Pellegrin, D.S., & Stachowiak, G.V. (2004). Sharpness of abrasive particles and surfaces. Wear. 6, 614-622.
17. Bershtejn, D.B., Kisetova, N.I., Sorokina, E.M., & Sheko, I.B. (1992). Makrogiometriya i iznashivay-ushhaya sposobnost` pochvenny`x abrazivnix chasticz [Macrogiometry and the abrasive ability of soil abrasive particles]. Trenie i iznos – Friction and wear. 13, 333-339.