Evaluation of operational properties of aviation oils by tribological parameters
The quality of aviation oils was evaluated online on the basis of their lubricating, antifriction, rheological and antiwear properties in the friction contact. The use of the software and hardware complex for evaluation of operational characteristics of triboelements is offered. Approbation of the proposed methodology was performed on aviation oils SM-9. The increase in antifriction properties of the “Bora B” SM-9 oil was established to be due to the formation of limiting adsorption layers of lubricant on friction-activated contact surfaces, which are characterized by low shear stresses of the lubricant, and their structuring provides high effective viscosity in the contact at a level of 5142 Pa.s. It was revealed that at start-up the lubricant temperature is 20 0С and the mixed lubrication mode prevails, but with increasing the lubricant temperature to 100 0С the elastic-hydrodynamic (contact-hydrodynamic) lubrication mode dominates, then at maximum rotation speed of friction pairs the hydrodynamic lubrication mode dominates, regardless of oil temperature, which indicates the effective separation of the contact surfaces due to the formation of a lubricating layer between them. Analysis of the specific work of friction in the friction contact showed that the instability of this parameter evidences to intensification of destructive processes in the near-surface layers of metal and reduction in its wear resistance. The decrease in wear resistance of the lagging surface in the conditions of rolling with sliding for all types of investigated oils is due to the different directions of the friction force vector in the contact. In the course of operation of friction pairs in nonstationary conditions, the softening of the surface metal layers occurs, which has a positive effect on the tribological processes in the contact.
The practical significance of the work consists in developing a methodology of analysis of lubricants, which makes it possible to more accurately evaluate their performance and provide recommendations for the choice of lubricant for specific friction units.
2. Israelachvili J. N. (2011) Intermolecular and surface forces, 3-rd ed., USA: Academic Press, 674.
3. Bychkov V.Z., Hrytsiuk A.V., Zaitsev A.V., Klimenko N.V., Shcherbanenko G.V. (2005) Metod uskorennoy otsenki moyushchikh i antinagarnykh svoystv motornykh masel v dvukhtaktnom forsirovannom dizelnom dvigatele [Method for accelerated evaluation of the detergent and antinagar properties of engine oils in a two-stroke forced diesel engine]. Dvigateli vnutrennego sgoraniya, 1, 118-121.
4. Korneev S.V., Pashukevich S.V., Savoskin A.S., Shirlin I.I. (2017) Izmeneniye kharakteristik motornogo masla pri ekspluatatsii dvigateley cummins avtobusnogo parka g. Omska [Сhange in the characteriistics of the engine oil during operation of the cummins engines of bus fleet in the city of Оmsk]. Vestnik SibADI, 2 (54), 66-69.
6. Mikosianchyk O.O. (2013) Patent 88748, Ukraine, IPC G01N 3/56. Prystrii dlia otsinky trybotekhnichnykh kharakterystyk triboelementiv [Device for estimating tribological characteristics of triboelements], 6, 4.
7. Mikosianchyk O.O., Mnatsakanov R.G., Kindrachuk M.V. (2013) Patent 89261, Ukraine, IPC G01N 11/00. Sposib otsinky dynamichnoi efektyvnosti vyazkosti mastylnykh materialiv v trybotekhnichnomu kontakti [Method for estimating dynamic efficiency of viscosity of lubricants in tribotechnical contact], 7, 4.
8. Kurapov P.A., Novikov V.S., Efros D.G., Fedosh D.A. (2016) O mehanizme iznashivanija zubchatyh koles reduktornyh sistem gazoturbinnyh dvigatelej [On the wear mechanism of gear wheels of reduction systems of gas turbine engines]. Tribologiya – mashinostroyeniyu: Trudy XI mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii — Moscow: Institute for Computer Research, 137-138.